Sunday, October 23, 2011

Technology...WOW!

I am overwhelmed after this weekend of class. I have so many questions. Is it more important to integrate technology into classrooms and have that to be accountable for, or first hold teachers accountable for their teaching abilities and achievement? Do we integrate technology or spend that money on teacher resources that will increase test scores? I think that technology has a place in classrooms, but how do we decide how big that place is and how do we decide if, when and how we hold accountability for that? Like everything else, there is a need for balance when deciding on a new initiative for a school and I am concerned with the amount of people asking or thinking about those deeper questions and ideas. I am leaning more toward technology being part of an administrator's vision than anything else, but I am still so unsure that I don't think I can really take a stand one way or the other.

1 comment:

  1. Nicole – I have many more questions than answers, I questions what is best for students. I want to give students opportunities to use technology, but not at the sacrifice of achievement. After our first class, I realize I have much more consideration to do on this subject.

    ReplyDelete